- Talk that shit up. If you’ve read something of mine, fiction or non, that’s helped you, or moved you, or simply made your day a tiny bit better, tell people. Point them in this direction, or to my Amazon.com page. Also:
- Tell me. Seriously. Especially with the fiction, writing is a lonely process that often feels like I’m simply telling stories at myself. I know I enjoy them, but I want other people to, and there’s very few things that boost that confidence than, “I really enjoyed X.”
- If you feel so inclined, leave a review somewhere. On Amazon, on your social media, GoodReads, I don’t care. Something I need to remind myself, as a reader too, is that we don’t need to leave grade-worthy book report style reviews. One or two lines is enough. On sites like Amazon this boosts visibility, too, but leaving a ranking or a review feeds into point 2, as well.
- Cold. Hard. Cash. It’s crass to talk about money? At the same time, money is what keeps food on my table, medicine in the cabinet, and a roof over my family’s heads. You can purchase the majority of my published through Amazon.com. If you need a file type other than .mobi, or if you’d rather support me directly, or if you’re interested in reading any of them but cannot justify the expense, email me and let’s talk. Promise me a review, and the file is yours. Yeah, even if you then don’t follow through with the review.
- Want to support my future works, get to see them before the public, and take a look into the process while you’re at it? Consider supporting my Patreon or supporting me through PayPal. For $1 a month you’ll get: a new chapter or a new story (usually the former) before it’s ever released to the masses; access to a video* of me reading that month’s release, first access to all of my blog posts, and maybe, just maybe, something more.
*I’m starting with what I can do: videos recorded on my phone and uploaded to Youtube. They’ll stay private; you’ll need to be a supporter to gain access to the link. Down the road, maybe it’ll switch to straight up audio files, maybe a pod, I don’t know.